Winding Rivers

Winding Rivers




Trickling slowly downstream the water flows

Like the smoothness of your words

To my ears

Whispered promises of love and laughter

Soft as the touch of your hand

On my skin

Currents that rage and passions that roar

Like the heat of your love

In my soul

You spun your web around me in cotton soft threads

Consuming, like the look in your eyes

That moved me

I saw tomorrow when you spoke to me

Bright as the rays of the sun in the sky

That warmed me

Over rocks the water splashes and slams

Like the impact of your callous ways

On my tender heart

Flow on downstream away from this place

Erase my mind of your face and my skin

Of your touch

Wipe away the soft kisses and the after taste so sweet

Erase away the memories of that early morning touch

And kill within me the need…

07/02/11

©2012.NOVEMBERGOLD.All Rights Reserved.

Comments