Balance


What is it that scares me so when I think of

We

Just mostly that I am afraid of losing

Me

What holds me back from the life I pray for

Me

Out of fear that I’ll drown in the

We

Balance…

I hear that in my head like a haunting whisper.

Terrified to lose my balance,

Walls and steel erected beams hold steady to the

Reflections of the past; afraid to let them go ‘lest I

Fall prey like a newborn fawn to a hungry lion.

I long for the union, but fear the surrender,

Ache for your touch yet hide from the power of,

Push and then pull, yearn and then dispose of

I am a contradiction, a walking mass of confusion;

Want me, but don’t need me

Breathe me in, blow me out

Hold me close, move away,

Pull you in, Push you out, are you spinning yet?

What am I so afraid of?

I am afraid of Me, of We,

And even more afraid to be without.

©2013.NOVEMBERGOLD.All Rights Reserved.

Comments